NewPost is going to provide a new approach towards the needed skills which are necessary for the postal sector, a vibrant economic sector in Europe. Postal Sector plays a fundamental role in businesses and EU citizens alike, with a major contribution to the economy, almost 1% of EU’s GDP.
In 2014, geographical and institutional existing barriers in the postal sector among EU countries worsen the e-commerce and parcel delivery, making postal services inefficient. Skills shortages and mismatches of employees constitute a major issue. These shortages maintain the poor performances and new skills are vital for the postal employees, current and future.
For this reason we are going to provide a new, modern JOINT VET Curricula for the Posta Sector with a strong WBL program to support the prosperous development of the sector, by adjusting skills and qualifications of sector workforce to the new trends, aiming to tackle identified skills gaps and shortages and to meet the demand for new IT skills within the sector.
The target groups
- End users: Current and future potential employees in the postal sector
- Stakeholders: Post Offices, Postal Institutions, enterprises on e-commerce sector and associated partners
The impact envisaged
The impact envisaged will be the following:
- Postal Geographical and Institutional Barriers that prevent boost of e-commerce in EU countries are going to be tackled.
- EU commerce is going to re-gain competitive advantage due to a better and faster delivery of –orders
- IT and soft Skills among Postal Sector Employees are going to be harmonized and homogenized, through a joint curricullum providing an efficient cooperation environment among post Institutions at a transnational level, enhancing mobility of mobility of workers