Postal Sector plays a fundamental role in businesses and EU citizens alike, with a major contribution to the economy(Data DG Growth,EU). Its turnover is almost 1% of EU’s GDP. In 2014, Europe’s postal services handled almost 75 billion letters and 4 billion parcels,with 175,000 retail outlets and more than 600,000 access.
Within this context, we have been approved in an Erasmus+, Support for Policy Reform, Key Action 3 Project called “Newpost: Upgrading the EU Postal Sector with new Skills”. In this project we have the role of Project Coordinator in a consortium of 11 partners.
The aims and objectives of the project are the following:
- Increase the employability of young people
- Development of a highly skilled, qualified and mobile workforce in the postal sector
- Support Joint developments in Vocational Education & Training (VET) in Europe
The main products of the projects will be:
- 1 new Joint Curriculum designed and implemented
- 1 new WBL scheme designed and tested
- First Certification of “New Age” postal Employees under PostEurop
- 100 postal service providers will have been trained with the new Curricula
Stay tuned for more updates regarding Newpost…